Tuesday, April 23, 2013

If I could cure one disease it would be Diabetes because part of my family has Type One Diabetes. Luckily Diabetes is not fatal if it is treated. Diabetes is a disease that causes your pancreas to stop giving off insulin to your blood stream. It does not sound bad but without this insulin your blood sugar rises to the point where it can be fatal.


  • Facts you should know about Diabetes:
  • There are two types of diabetes, Type One, Type Two  
  • It is not contagious you are only born with the disease
  • Many people are diagnosed with Diabetes at birth
  • To treat Diabetes you must take certain amounts of insulin per day 
The disease may not sound bad but you it for the rest of your life and everyday you must keep track of it. I am very fortunate to not have this disease. These are my reasons for wanting to cure diabetes.

2 comments:

  1. A lot of people in my family have diabetes too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, my uncle has diabetes, and from what I can tell, it sure ain't enjoyable...

    ReplyDelete